I didn’t know how to start this
blog; maybe with a list of my favourite things, maybe with a list of all of the
things that I intended on blogging about but at the end of this internal debate
I decided on just being me. So this is me.
I’ve been a competitive Irish
dancer since I was three, I’ve been in the world of Irish dance since I was in
the womb basically and I went to my first dance class at the age of one week old.
A lot of people think that all of that is a little crazy but the only way to
explain this is my mom is a certified Irish dance teacher, meaning she has her
TCRG with CLRG. And technically my first dance class was when I was 3 but I
was present at my first dance class at one week old.
I doubt this blog will get a lot of attention, at least right away anyway, but I just want this to become a safe place for everyone who is going through
this “roller coaster of emotions”. Right now I'm finishing up my victory lap of high school, meaning I went back for an extra year to redo two of my courses so that I could go to the university that I wanted, so next year I will be doing my undergrad while dancing competitively, as I'm not exactly ready to give up on that just yet. And because I've been apart of this world for so long I have my fair share of experiences with the "roller coaster of emotions". You can ask me questions about my journey,
or for advice, or just share your experiences with all of us as well. Being a
part of this wonderful, crazy world of Irish dance means that you are entitled
to having a few breakdowns, hopefully many wonderful moments of sheer bliss,
and the constant thought that “yes, you can do this.”, “no, it’s not a waste of
time.”, and “yes, it’s definitely possible to love something this much”.
Leave a comment down below letting me know what kind of content you'd like to see, whether it's how I personally get ready for competition (mentally and physically), what I think of a certain trend this year, any advice I have on getting yourself in the right shape and anything of that sort! Thank you for taking the time to read this and I can't wait to share my journey! :)
Leave a comment down below letting me know what kind of content you'd like to see, whether it's how I personally get ready for competition (mentally and physically), what I think of a certain trend this year, any advice I have on getting yourself in the right shape and anything of that sort! Thank you for taking the time to read this and I can't wait to share my journey! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment